BUDDHIST CHURCH OF VIETNAM VIETNAM NATIONAL UNIVERSITY- HCMC
VIETNAM INSTITUTE OF BUDDHIST STUDIES UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES AND HUMANITIES Ho Chi Minh City, May 25th, 2017
CALL FOR PAPER
THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
VIETNAM AND THE ORIENTAL CULTURAL EXCHANGES
Dear professors, scholars and researchers:
Vietnam is located at the crossroads of international exchanges, so from the ancient times, the Vietnamese people have had many cultural exchanges with India and Southeast Asian countries, with China and other East Asian countries. In the 16th and 17th centuries, the exchanges were expanded through the East Asian trading road as well as thanks to the commercial activities of East India company. The process of modernization in Vietnam and other Eastern countries in the 19th and 20th centuries promoted those exchanges more strongly. In that context, Buddhism, Confucianism and Taoism as well as the values of Western civilization were introduced into Vietnam, and in another side, Vietnamese culture had change to spread to other countries.
2017 is the year of the important events: the local Buddhist Church congresses will be held overall the cities and provinces, approaching to the 7th National Buddhist Church Congress of Vietnam (term of 2017-2022), University of Social Sciences and Humanities of Ho Chi Minh City (USSH-HCMC) will commemorate its 60th Anniversary (1957-2017). To celebrate those events and with the approval of Vietnam Buddhist Church in Ho Chi Minh City and of VNU-HCMC Board of Presidents, Vietnam Institute of Buddhist Studies and USSH-HCMC are planning to co-host the international conference “Vietnam and the Oriental Cultural Exchanges”
- CONFERENCE TOPICS
The conference is expected to discuss the following issues:
- Vietnamese Buddhism in the cultural exchanging relationship with East Asian, Southeast Asian and South Asian countries;
- Diplomatic and travel poetry in the context of cultural exchanges between Vietnam and the East Asian, Southeast Asian and South Asian countries.
- IMPORTANT DATES:
Enquiry forms and abstracts in Vietnamese-English or in Chinese-English should be submitted by June 30th, 2017 (via email)
Full-text papers should be submitted by August 31st, 2017 (via email)
The conference is proposed to be held on November 16th and 17th, 2017 (Thursday and Friday)
- CONFERENCE PLACE
Vietnam Institute of Buddhist Studies, 750 Nguyen Kiem Street, Phu Nhuan district (or Dang Quang Pagoda, Ha Noi highway, district 2, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
HCMC University of Social Sciences and Humanities
10-12 Dinh Tien Hoang Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- CONFERENCE LANGUAGES
Vietnamese, English, Chinese
- PAPER SUBMISSION INFORMATION
Papers are invited on the topics outlined.
- Microsoft Word
- Font Type: Vietnamese, English: Times New Roman (Entire paper)
- Font Size: 14, line spacing: single
- Paper Size: A4
- Maximum: 15 pages
- Citation must be put as FOOTNOTE (restart each page)
- Reference material must be listed at the end of paper.
- CONFERENCE FINANCIAL SUPPORT AND ACCOMMODATION
- Royalties will be paid for the papers selected and printed in the conference transaction
- Conference guests will be provided with meal and accommodation in 3 days of conference
- Travel expenses are not provided
- CONTACT US AT:
Address: Conference Organization Committee
Faculty of Literature
Or: Center for Religion Studies
10-12 Dinh Tien Hoang Street, District 1,
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Tel: 84-8-38293828 (Ext.146)
Conference information, abstracts and full-text papers will be uploaded on: http://khoavanhoc-ngonngu.edu.vn
President of HCMC University of Social Sciences and Humanities